Thursday, July 1, 2010

RECYLE: What to do with those old cell phones and computers


Have you ever wondered how you should *responsibly* recycle old, broken and otherwise unwanted cell phones, printers, computers, and other electronics? I've been waiting to find the nearest place to drop off such items. Over the years I've accumulated four cell phones that I no longer use, and yes I've been saving them for the day that I finally recycle them. Not to mention, the old printer I have that no longer works, and tons of old CDs, DVDs and a broken digital camera. My precious greenies, there's hope for those of us who continue to save these old items, resulting in unneccessary clutter in our homes. It's time to do the right (green) thing and recyle them!


If you're in the NYC area, you can drop off the above items for recycling on July 10th at the Electronics Recyling Event at TekServe. If you live in a different area, by all means, go online search "recycling cell phones and computers" for the nearest drop off point.


No comments: